11/5/08

Latest Email

March 22, 2010

I'm excited to see you soon. You are right about the car trouble, we were so lucky. We had to go to Pep Boys anyway because there was a screw in our tire and it had to be repaired. It took nearly three hours to fix the tire and get an oil change. It was hard not watching Harry Potter on the TV. Between Zone Conference and Pep Boys we got nothing done. Then we went to Wendy's for dinner.

Nothing is new here. This is the first area that we've received referrals on a regular basis. Most of the ones we get come from the Spanish Elders in Elizabeth. So it’s a big responsibility following up on so many different people. We're doing a fair job. We had our third dinner appointment so far my whole time being in Elizabeth. I don't know if you knew this, my trainer Elder Wenzel served in Elizabeth early in his mission and the members that had us over for dinner remember Elder Wenzel. I thought that was pretty cool. They also told us that we are the first set of Elders in awhile that wasn't so socially awkward. I guess that’s a good thing.

We were happy to see one of our investigators at church. She was a referral from a member that moved from Elizabeth to East Orange. So I know that member from my last area. Kim came to church and people noticed. That would make for two investigators at church so far since I've been here. We try so hard to get any investigators to church. We set up a ride for a different one but she chickened out on us. It’s been a good experience since I've been here. I feel like I might sound like I’m complaining and I don't want it to sound that way. I'm grateful for the success we have seen. Sushil our investigator from Nepal got "sick" again on Sunday. I think he's just nervous about coming to church. We plan to challenge him with a baptism date as soon as we can see him. That would be awesome.

That’s all I have this week. I'll be able to write you only one more time next Monday. I hope you get to read it.

No comments: